Domain NamesHaving your own domain name is the first step towards creating an online presence. Contact us to see if your preffered domain name is available for purchase.
What you should consider when buying a Domain Name1. Exact keyword matching domains are the best
Many exact keyword matching domains are beating out larger, older, more authoritative competitors in the search engines.
2. Stick with .com, .net, .org or the country-code TLD of the country you’re targeting (except .us)
Search engines tend to prefer the 3 most-established global extensions .com, .net and .org over all others. In countries like Germany and the UK, their country-code is highly used and search engines give it preference.
3. Some domain age can help avoid sandboxing
Scammers and spammers often use new domains to make sure they can entice new victims. Seeing this, Google puts sites on new domains in the “sandbox”, essentially a broad penalty to make them hard to rank. Using a domain with some age (6 months or more) can help you avoid the frustrating sandbox.
4. Higher domain age can also provide some benefits
Using similar logic, Google sees a higher aged domain as more potential for a well-established, higher authority site. For this reason, higher aged domains get a general boost in rankability for any relevant keywords your site may rank for.
5. Partial keyword match in the domain is better than no match
If you can’t get an exact keyword matching .com, .net or .org for your term, consider adding a word onto it. Having a partial match still shows Google some relevance to the search term. The matching keywords in your domain would still be bolded for the search as well.
6. Target a valuable keyword
There’s no sense in going after high rankings for worthless keyword phrases. Exact match domains especially help you rank for terms with lots of traffic and/or high-value traffic. You can still rank for less valuable keywords with particular pages on your site.
HostingChoosing high quality website hosting is essential. It is your first step towards success!
- You need to have your website on fast international bandwidth.
- Your website needs to live on a server that is continually updated with the latest technology.
- Your website should always be backed up.
- The quality of hardware used for web hosting also makes significant impact on your website performance. Wondering how? The kind of hardware used would determine the download time and connection speed, especially for Content Management Systems. These in turn would influence the customer traffic on your website.